you are right sir , the variables innodb_status_file will write the "show
innodb status" information on to the file innodb_status.PID ... however for
me the innodb status is logging into the default error log file... i dont
have any clue on how to stop it from writing...

Any help would be appreciated ....

Thanks
Anand