Tompkins Neil wrote:
Just looking for some confirmation that under a single database - I assume
it is perfectly normal to have both MyISAM and InnoDB engines for different
tables ?  Is there anything I need to be aware of ?

In most case no problems. MySQL can mix engines without problems.
Every engine uses it's own specific buffers, so if your database becomes big and memory becomes an issue (large buffers needed) it might be handy to use only one engine (so you can set the buffers for the other engine(s) to a very low number).
On a daily basis I use databases with mixed MyISAM and InnoDB tables.

--
Jigal van Hemert.