Hi!

Zardosht Kasheff wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What is the difference between 5.5.4 and 5.5.3? I see that 5.5.3 is
> available on more platforms. Is one more stable than the other?

MySQL 5.5.3 and 5.5.4 were announced in one common mail on this list,
and that mail also tells what is different in 5.5.4:
It contains a new version of InnoDB (which should give further
performance improvements).

This code hasn't yet been fully ported and tested on all platforms, so
currently there are binaries for Linux/x86_64 only.

Neither 5.5.3 nor 5.5.4 is declared "GA".
Obviously, a new version of InnoDB contains some parts which haven't yet
been widely used, so its stability hasn't yet been proven.

HTH,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bru...@sun.com