Hi,

Is it true that the performance of running a query on a live replication master and slave has to be much slower than running a query on a static server?

I've tried to run the following query on a replication master and it takes 1 min 13.76 sec to finish. SELECT *, ABS(timeA-1266143632) as distance FROM tableA WHERE timeA - 1266143632 <= 0 ORDER BY distance LIMIT 1;

And if I run it on the replication slave, it takes 24.15 sec.
But if I dump the whole database to another machine as static, it only takes 3.70 sec or even less to finish.

The table has 386 columns and timeA is an index. Is there a way to improve the query or any other factors that would affect the performance?

Thanks.

Kandy