Hello all,

I am new to MySQL and am exploring the possibility of using it for my work.
I have about ~300,000 e-books, each about 100 pages long. I am first going
to extract each chapter from each e-book and then basically store an e-book
as a collection of chapters. A chapter could of course be arbitrarily long
depending on the book.

My questions are:

(1) Can MySQL handle data of this size?
(2) How can I store text (contents) of each chapter? What data type will be
appropriate? longtext?
(3) I only envision running queries to extract a specific chapter from a
specific e-book (say extract the chapter titled "ABC" from e-book number XYZ
(or e-book titled "XYZ")). Can MySQL handle these types of queries well on
data of this size?
(4) What are the benefits/drawbacks of using MySQL compared to using XML
databases?

I look forward to help on this topic. Many thanks in advance.
Andy