Good morning all

                Hope everyone is well....

                We received an error on a MySQL database this morning which
caused it to be unavailable for connections.

                Error:

                ERROR 1135 (00000): Can't create a new thread (errno 11); if
you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a
possible OS-dependent bug

                I checked the system memory but this seemed to be fine.

                When I tried to restart the database, the shutdown just kept
on running the whole time without shutting down the database.

                We then went to the drastic measure of restarting the server
itself which then seemed to have sorted out the problem.

                The amount of connections to via the website was very
minimal at that stage, however there was a script running which takes a data
dump from an oracle database and imports this into the Mysql database and I
suspect that it has something to do with this.

                I am trying to find out which settings / variables/ etc...
we should check to find out where the problem is.

                One forum suggested changing the thread_cache_size to 512 ,
currently this is on 256.

                Hoping that someone can assist with this and much
appreciated.

Regards

Machiel