Am 23.02.2011 22:55, schrieb Singer X.J. Wang:
> Yes, you can set it up so that it increases it by X only for that statement..
> eg.
>
> [other stuff]
> set auto_increment_increment = X;
> insert into that table you want
> set auto_increment_increment = 1;
> [other stuff]
>
> Now you have to remmeber doing that everywhere.. and everytime..

this was not the question, but hopefully your app does not inline-query in
every second line, if so you should think about the apllication design

it is generally senseless to change this value if you are not using
master/master-replications where you do this globally

--

Mit besten Grüßen, Reindl Harald
the lounge interactive design GmbH