On 8/27/2011 11:18,  wrote:
2011/08/26 13:58 -0700, javad bakhshi>>>>
  Thanks guys for the help. but my problem seems to stand unsolved.
<<<<<<<<
Right, no arrays. Nothing is left but table. I used a temporary table, but note
that MySQL also does not let table be returned, or passed in. The table-name
will be *sigh* global.

If the table remains an active part of the connection, you always have access to it. It is possible to pass the name of the table into a stored procedure and use a prepared statement to do nearly anything you want to do with the data.

What is it you are trying to do with this array in the first place? It sounds as though trying to process this data using the set-oriented functions of the SQL language is causing you more of a problem than the fact that the language doesn't have an array data type.

There are normally many ways to solve any problem. Perhaps if you shared the problem you are trying to solve, you can see how many different ways the members of the list can solve it without resorting to an array?

--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN