Not quite true.  Your driver would likely have to be published under
GPL but that allows the linking exception which allows users of your
driver to avoid having to open-source their own works which utilize
the driver.    Should someone decide to code bug fixes or extensions
for your driver, those would necessarily be GPL.

 - michael dykman

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 6:52 PM, James Ots <my...@jamesots.com> wrote:
> I am writing a MySQL connector for the Dart programming language. I
> was hoping to licence it under the BSD Licence, but since it uses
> modified parts of mysql_com.h, which is licensed under the GPL, I'm
> guessing that I'll have to licence my connector under the GPL as well?
> And therefore, anyone who used the connector would also have to
> licence their software under the GPL too?
>
> Am I correct about this? I looked at the FOSS exception, but it
> doesn't seem to apply in this case.
>
> James Ots
>
> --

 - michael dykman