Am 17.10.2012 12:26, schrieb Johan De Meersman:

> [...]

because you have to be pretty sure that you snapshot is consistent
rsync the snapshot may result in the problem of the OP if there
was not all written back to disk before the snapshot was made

the point of rsync in the way i make it is that mysqld is DOWN
and it is only down for a very small timeframe because
two rsync-runs, the first while mysqld is up and the
second one after stop mysqld has only to copy diff