Hi,

Please re-phrase your question. The relay logs are created as and when
required by the Slave_SQL thread. Once all the events in the relay logs are
executed the relay log would be purged by the Slave_SQL thread.

By setting relay_log_purge=0 you are disabling this automatic purge option.
So the new relay log files will be created however the older ones would not
be deleted.

Creation or rotation of relay or binary logs is not time-based, for some
situations it might create in one hour, however for many others it might
create after 1 day, week, or even months.

Usually the relay logs in your case should be of definite size, check out
this setting "max_relay_log_size" and "max_binlog_size", the latter would
come into picture if the prior one is disabled.

Thanks,
Akshay S