Am 28.01.2013 15:01, schrieb Manuel Arostegui:
> 2013/1/28 walter harms <wha...@bfs.de>
>
>> hi list,
>>
>> i am using mysql 5.1.53.
>> after a crash i have the follwing error in my log:
>>
>> 130128 10:45:25  InnoDB: Error: page 61 log sequence number 0 2871649158
>> InnoDB: is in the future! Current system log sequence number 0 2494349480.
>> InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
>> InnoDB: tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. See
>> InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/forcing-recovery.html
>> InnoDB: for more information.
>>
>> according to the doc's at
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/forcing-innodb-recovery.html
>> I need to restore the database from scratch (short version). What i do not
>> understand is what
>> exactly is broken ?  Whole DBM ? One Instance ? (mysqlcheck says all
>> tables are ok).
>>
>> Not all tables are INNODB. Is is possible to restore only immodb tables ?
>> (Having fun with forgein keys)
>>
>> Or is there a better way to handle this ?
>>

> Hello,
>
> I reckon you really need to think of what caused your MySQL to crash. If
> there's not a clear reason (HW problem) you might want to dig into that to
> prevent this happening again. I am saying this because it is not the first
> time I see someone fixing a corruption (re-building the database or fixing
> corrupted tables) and then getting it corrupted again within some hours.

very simple: power outage
Our Production server are on UPS but i was making tests on this one and to be
fair power outages are very seldom

> The problem itself has a solution: increasing the log sequence counter. I
> wouldn't do it if it's not totally necessary (ie: you don't have another
> machine to copy the data from). If you can get the data copied again from
> some other server, that is probably the safest solution here to make sure
> your data isn't corrupted. If not, I would suggest to run pt-table-checksum
> to make sure the data is okay. Once your DB is recovered from this crash.

 pt-table-checksum means this tool ?
[http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-toolkit/2.1/pt-table-checksum.html]
I would need to run it once, from the description i had the impression it is
intended for monitoring. Could you please explain ?

re,
 wh