Hello Joe

On 4/5/2013 10:25 AM, Joe Kosinski wrote:
I have installed the community edition version 5.6 to my MacBook running
OSX 10.8.3.  I am trying to set up MythTV backend which requires the
time zone tables to be loaded for the database I will be using.

I have not been able to load the tables using the syntax of version 5.6.

I have tried mysql> *mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql
-u* root but nothing happens and my prompt just goes to > instead of mysql>.

I have attached my terminal output.

You are attempting to perform a system-level command from within the MySQL CLI client.

Drop back to a system prompt and try again.

Yours,
--
Shawn Green
Office: Blountville, TN