----- Original Message -----

You don't need to backup performance_schema or information_schema. Fix the
backup tool.

> root has these rights:
>
> [...]

Why does the root user have such specific rights? It suggests that you use it
for application purposes. Typically you'd set up root or another user as admin
with all privileges on *.*; and NEVER use that for anything but administrative
purposes.

> backup has these rights:
>
> [...]

As said above, no need to back up performance_schema or information_schema -
they're dynamically generated by the MySQL server. You've already granted the
necessary rights (well, there could be more, but you've probably got what you
need) on *.*, so no more need for all the specifics. Get rid of them, they only
confuse people looking at them.

> What I understood is that the usage right for root on
> performance_schema.cond_instances means "no rights".
[...]
> But the usage right remains, it does not disappear.
> How can I grant these rights to user backup ?

Well, yes and no. It does mean a user has no rights, but it is really something
implicit that comes with the very existence of a user. Thus, it's only visible
when a user has no other rights; and you can't revoke it short of dropping the
user entirely.