Hi Satendra,

On Jul 14, 2014, at 3:48 AM, Satendra <stdra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there, I'm struggling to find the total time taken by a database query
> on the disk? As I understand when a database query start execution it takes
> some time inside the database engine & some time to seek the result from
> disk (if that is not in cache/buffer)
>
> Can anybody from the group please suggest any clue about the execution time
> on the disk?

I have a performance_schema example demonstrating total IO wait time for a
workload:
http://www.tocker.ca/2014/02/18/todays-practical-use-case-for-performance-schema.html

To prepare this data non-aggregated (per-query) is always a little bit
difficult:
- With select statements there is read ahead.
- With write statements there is redo logging (which is grouped together with
other statements).

Maybe someone else on the list has better ideas on how to accommodate this?

- Morgan