----- Original Message -----
> From: "peter brawley" <peter.braw...@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: table-for-column

> I wonder if anyone knows why sites like Stack Overflow and those of ours
> I mentioned are seeing more volume, while this list and all MySQL fora
> are seeing much, much less.

The major benefit I see on StackOverflow and the like, is the rating system on
the comments, and to some extent the rating system for users.

On the other hand, I find that the signal-to-noise ratio on older media like
mailing lists and IRC tends to be much more favourable, presumably because it
is where the dinosaurs dwell :-)