On 2015-04-29 12:20 AM, Olivier Nicole wrote:
SELECT * FROM table WHERE item_number=1;
Sorry if my question was not clear: what I am looking for is:

SELECT * FROM table WHERE data_value=1 AND "there is not any reccord with
the same item_number and data_value=2"

Assuming a table named t ...

One way, an exclusion join:

select a.*
from t a
left join t b on a.item_number=b.item_number and b.data_value=2
where a.data_value=1 and b.item_number is null;

Another way, with a semi-join:

select a.*
from t a
where a.data_value=1
and not exists (select data_value from t b where b.item_number=a.item_number and data_value=2);

PB

Olivier