----- On Mar 30, 2016, at 7:04 PM, Reindl Harald h.rei...@thelounge.net wrote:

>> So i should use the default (autocommit=1)?
>
> no, you should what is appropriate for your application
>
> if you don't care about inserts/updates triggered by let say a
> webrequest are half written due a crash or restart use autocommit

Autocommit means that every statement is committed implicitly. Right ?
Commit works only in conjunction with InnoDB tables and transaction. That's
what i understand.
I thought when i make e.g. an insert into a InnoDB table, and that insert is
not done completely (due to a crash, restart, what ever)
it is rolled back automatically after the restart. Is that wrong ?

> if you care that all or nothing is written use transactions
> if you care that way don't mix non-transactional tables with innodb

I'm planning to convert the MyISAM tables to InnoDB.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Dr. Alfons Enhsen, Renate Schlusen
(komm.)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671