Am 02.07.2016 um 16:49 schrieb Martin Mueller:
I run MySQL 5.6 on OS 10.11.  There is a table that appears to be corrupt: it
does not respond to queries, and the command to drop it does not execute. The
database seems to be OK in other respects. What can I do to get rid of the
table? Would it be safe just to remove the two .frm and .ibd files from the
database directory or is there other stuff that I need to worry about.

NO - you must not delete .idb files because innodb is not myisam and has a *global tablespace*

what about looking and posting logs?