Am 03.12.2016 um 21:23 schrieb Martin Mueller:
In my case, I can reproduce Time machine backups of data directories at varying
times. At one point I was able to replace the non-working installation with an
earlier installation, but then it failed unpredictably.

Are the Inno tables on Time Machine useless, or can I rescue data from them?

backup of files like innodb while the daemons are running is in general problemtaic, not only for time mahine, also for LVM snapsots

hence we use for 10 years now replication slaves which are stopped, the datadir rsynced and the slave started again to avoid all that other stuff just for having a relieable and consistent snapshot