Dear MySQL users,
The MySQL developer tools team announces 8.0.13 as our general available (GA)
MySQL Workbench 8.0.
For the full list of changes in this revision, visit
For discussion, join the MySQL Workbench Forums:
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number
ofplatforms from our download pages at:
Changes in MySQL Workbench 8.0.13 (2018-10-22, General Availability)
* Server Support
* Functionality Added or Changed
* Bugs Fixed
* Support for MySQL 5.5 by MySQL Workbench 8.0 was removed.
If you still need to use MySQL Workbench on a MySQL 5.5
server, you can use MySQL Workbench 6.3, which is
available from MySQL Product Archives (see
Functionality Added or Changed
* MySQL Workbench on macOS 10.14 Mojave was tested with
positive results. The new Dark Mode feature is not yet
compatible with all screens and should not be enabled for
* With valid geometry points inserted, the option to open
the points in a browser failed on macOS hosts because the
URL was improperly formed. (Bug #28587193, Bug #92266)
* An apostrophe character (') within a table comment
generated a parsing error when an attempt was made to
alter the table. (Bug #28552873, Bug #92191)
* Insufficient privilege was granted during the attempt to
create a new MySQL Enterprise Backup user account.
Although valid prerequisite backup information was
provided, the validation script returned the following
error message: Access denied for backup account.
(Bug #28536272, Bug #92115)
* When remote management with SSH was enabled, attempting
to insert the required passwords in the Options file
produced an error message. After the error was closed,
the Administration tab became unresponsive and MySQL
Workbench did not shut down properly. (Bug #28519087,
* An error with the following message was generated when
the export operation was executed on tables from an
earlier server version: Unknown table 'COLUMN_STATISTICS'
in information_schema (1109).
Because the version of mysqldump used with the operation
can differ from that of the target server, some features
may not be exported as expected when the versions are
mismatched. A warning message now provides a description
of the condition, along with instructions to resolve the
version mismatch, or the option to continue anyway.
(Bug #28471433, Bug #91640)
* On Windows hosts, the history of scheduled MySQL
Enterprise Backup jobs was not persisted in the dashboard
between MySQL Workbench sessions. This fix eliminates the
issue; however, the existing mysqlwbmeb.vbs file must be
removed before scheduling new backup jobs.
* The default target version of MySQL to use with MySQL
Workbench models was set to MySQL 5.6.30 and did not
increment automatically. With this fix, the value now
defaults to the latest version. The default target
version can also be set manually (see Preferences:
(Bug #28397515, Bug #91782)
* Executing queries over an period of time caused the
existing result grid in each query tab to be hidden when
the grid was previously visible and prevented the results
grid in new tabs from showing. (Bug #28361489,
* After copying a query into a second query editor,
auto-completion did not display the related column names.
Instead, when auto-completion was engaged, MySQL
Workbench stopped working. (Bug #28312867, Bug #91559)
* The operation to compare schemas did not appear in the
menu after a valid model was opened on Linux hosts.
* The filter arrows that select objects for forward or
reverse engineering within wizards generated an error
instead of moving the objects as expected.
(Bug #26435349, Bug #26922638, Bug #87980, Bug #25921645,
Bug #86013, Bug #25852505, Bug #85837, Bug #25741519,
* Schema privileges in the Administration - Users and
Privileges tab (Object Rights, DDL Rights, and Other
Rights) were not visible with all screen resolutions.
(Bug #25584920, Bug #85079)
* The color used to highlight a selected item in the schema
tree view did not provide enough contrast from the
background color to distinguish it from the other items
easily. The new highlight color makes it easy to see
which item is selected. (Bug #25456216)
On Behalf of Oracle/MySQL Release Engineering Team,