On 2001.07.10 05:46:25 -0200 Gerlinde Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
> maybe you should use when connecting to mysql with the webserver instead
> of
> "pconnect" "connect".
> Pconnect is persistent and is staying as long as you have set
> the wait_timeout. It is set to 28800 sec by default.
>
> Regards Gerlinde
>
> At 15:17 09.07.01 -0200, you wrote:
> >On 2001.07.09 11:04:35 -0200 Don Read wrote:
> > > Stop Apache (or whatever the source of your logins), shut down &
> restart
> > > mysqld, then check/repair the tables in the mysql database; might
> want
> > > check
> > > any other high activity tables also.
> > > restart Apache.
> >
> >We already tried that. As long as we keep the webservers causing most of
> >the traffic down everything works fine. When reactivating those servers
> the
> >problem reappears.
> >
> >Maybe mysql has problems inserting data into a table while doing a huge
> >delete-query on the same table?
> >(Around 2am the server has to delete something between 600000 and 900000
> >entries while still inserting new data into the table).
> >
> >--
> >Mario Witte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>              BLITZ Internet Service GmbH
>                        Kronacher Strasse 41
>                      D-96052 Bamberg, Germany
>             Tel. +49/951/9685160, Fax +49/951/9685164
>                        http://www.blitz.net

Hello,

meanwhile we found a solution to the problem. After updating all server and
clients to the mysql 3.23.39 the server stopped spawning those dead threads
and about an hour later all dead threads had timed out.
We still don't know why the problem occured so suddenly (the system had
worked for weeks without any interruption before), but it doesn't occur
anymore.

With regards,
--
Mario Witte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>