Hello:

The file db/tstset.cc holds all the different versions of
how to do an atomic test+set of a bit.  If you are on an
Intel box, you should be using the section of code that
uses the xchg instruction.  The configure script should be
setting a #define for the machine.  (check config.h).  This
#define along with a $MACHINE environment variable are used
to get the correct tstset() call out of db/tstset.cc.

Hope this helps....

....MikeF
Mike Furgal                    - The Database Guy
http://www.nusphere.com        - Delivering Enhanced MySQL

> Hello,
> SunOS shaka 5.8 Generic_108529-08 i86pc i386 i86pc
> gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
>
>     I'm trying to compile mysql+gemini-3.23.39 on a x86 Solaris 8 box.
> I get the following error which has me completly confussed:
>
> ctstset: Compile tstset.cc --> tstset.[c|s] --> tstset.o
> Assembler:
>         "tstset.s", line 43 : Illegal mnemonic
  [snip]