On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 02:45:23PM +0800, Alan wrote:
> Excuse Me,
> I'm a starter to Linux.
> I've downloaded the MySQL-3.23.40-1 for my Linux OS.
> They are in .rpm form. How can I install the software properly on Linux! =
>
> I try to follow the instructions mentioned in manual.txt but it didn't =
> work.
> Can you help me and tell my how to install it? Thanks!
Hi,

Normally a simple "rpm -ivh mysql-3.23.40-1.rpm" (or whatever the file
is called) should do it. If it doesn't, can you post the output of rpm
to this list?
Did you download the right package? Which distribution do you use?

BTW: Perhaps your distribution has a version numer of 7.1, but the
newest Linux kernel is 2.4.7 ;)

With regards,
--
Mario Witte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>