Subject:
      intro mysql book
  Date:       Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:18:29 -0700 (PDT)
  From:       another oracle dba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Can someone recommend an intro MySQL book. I'm looking for a
book with info on MySQL

Your instincts are good. I found the Paul Dubois'  book an excellent
choice.
I am at the same point you are at " learning Mysql AND Transitioning"
from other SQL enviorments. I have , for many years used DB2 and Sybase.

The books that have helped me are:
 MySQL By P Dubois.. ( Best Single MySQL Refrence)
 Teach Yourself MySQL in 21 Days ...SAMS..by Maslakowski.. (Takes you
from Ignorant to Working Project).
 SQL In A Nutshell ..O'Reilly by Kline & Kline.. Most SQL commands w/
examples in MySQL, Oracle
            ....PostgreSQL, SQL Server.. For each command  Great for
Transition!
  Mysql/PHP Database Applications  M&T Books by Greenspan and Bulger
..You will understand the Marriage.

Good luck

Bob T