alexus wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a very busy site (www site) w/ a lot of hits
>
> my site is very heavily integrated w/ mysql
>
> and when i do top it shows me like over 80% of cpu
>
> even though i have dual p3 850mhz w/ 1.5 gig of ram
>
> any ideas what to do about it so it'll drop down?

Have you inspected your process list e.g. mysqladmin processlist?

Do you log slow queries?

Have you explored indexes that you can add for any slow/common queries? E.g.
use "EXPLAIN SELECT...." on common queries.

Have you done a 'myisamchk -a'?

If you are suffering from table locking issues, perhaps you should convert
to Innodb.

b.