Hi!

Foreign keys do not work if you do an ALTER TABLE. I have to add a note to
the manual that they do not work even if you do an ALTER TABLE to the
referenced table.

Workaround: use DROP TABLE + CREATE TABLE to alter your table, whether it is
the referring table or the referenced table.

If you do an ALTER TABLE to the referring table, then InnoDB drops all
foreign key constraints in it. But I forgot to add a note that an ALTER
TABLE in the referenced table also causes problems, because ALTER TABLE
actually renames the table during the process.

Regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy
---