Hello,

I just had a glance at your log-rotation file, and I think I might tell you about a
possible improvement:

In the file "mysql-log-rotate" I came across the following test case:

        if test -n "`ps acx|grep mysqld`"; then
                /usr/bin/mysqladmin flush-logs
        fi

I think this is a possible situation where a race condition could arise:

Doing some "ps ax | grep <program> " myself I sometimes found the "grep" process to be
listed as well.

I canīt tell for sure what state the machine was in at that time, but I believe in
times with high load this problem could happen...

My suggestion to you is to use
ps acx | grep mysqld | grep -v grep

instead.

--