Martin,

there is a bug in 4.0.1 which can make a foreign key definition to fail in
an assertion failure in dict0crea.c, if you have set default-character-set
to something else than latin1 in my.cnf.

Harald Fuchs reported the bug on this mailing list a couple of days ago, and
the bug is now fixed in 4.0.2.

Please send your my.cnf or my.ini to this mailing list, and post the exact
sequence of SQL statements which in your opinion produces a wrong response.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com

"Martin Bratbo" wrote in message ...
>According to the manual it should in fact be possible to enforce foreign
key constraint in MySql if both the referreing and referred tables are of
type InnoDB. But I haven't been able to, make the foreign keys work, they
did'nt blok any insertions.

>Are foreign keys still only for compability, or is there a way to actually
make the constraints work if the tables are InnoDB ?