Sinisa Milivojevic wrote:

> Shankar Unni writes:

>>And one big reason not: no native Windows port. Or Mac port (though that
>>has probably changed with OS/X - anyone working on that?).

> When you are saying that there is no native Windows or OS X port, what
> were you referring to ??

Oh, PostgreSQL, of course. I've been using the MySQL Windows port for a
year now..

And Alok Dhir jested:

 > But you do trust a database running on Windows?  [;-)]

As much as I trust a database running on any native OS (Solaris, Linux,
Windows..). It's the cross-OS emulation that makes me nervous..  Cygwin is
a technological marvel, but have you seen all the things it has to do? It's
a mini-OS in itself, with a lot less testing than Linux or Windows..
--
Shankar.