> Hello everyone.
>
> I am new to MySQL and am trying to setup a shopping cart using MySQL and
> PHP.
> They are files that I found online for free from Rosenet Internet
Services.

> The problem is that when I try to add a category for a product I get this
in
> return:
>

> Warning: mysql is deprecated; use mysql_select_db() and mysql_query()
> instead in (rootPath here)\cart\admin\addcategoryresponse.php on line 7
>
> Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
> started at c:\program files\apache
> group\apache\htdocs\angrycamel\cart\admin\addcategoryresponse.php:7) in
> (rootPath here)\cart\admin\addcategoryresponse.php on line 8
>
> What does depricated mean? I have searched the manual and the resources
> online but cannot find anything about it. Does it mean that the SQL
commands
> that are used in the php script are out dated and need to be changes
> to...( use mysql_select_db() and mysql_query() instead ) what the warning
> says???

Depricated means it is an old command or function that is obsolete, the
warning is to try to have you use the newer and better functions instead to
'phase' out usage of the old style so one day it is no longer used at all.

Perhaps showing the segments of your code causing the errors would help us
suggest what may be improved upon.

Sincerely,

Craig Vincent