Søren Neigaard wrote:

> HS> To see if there are correct permissions check the db table ind Database
> HS> MySQL - there you find Database specififc persmissions for each user.
>
> Yes in db the homebrew user did not have any permissions, so I change
> them manually, and now it all works. But why? Should I not be able to
> set those permissions with GRANT?

Normally

it should work like that, i can't see now why this didn't work...

> HS> Another thing that could be (but i am not sure if that applies) that you
> HS> need to relaod the database sometimes after granting something to a user
> HS> or adding a new user, i am not sure, but you can give it a try.
>
> Yes I needed that too, I stopped and started it. Can I "reload" it
> with some command?

IIRC You can issue a reload by using mysqladmin, and on the mysql shell
  if you have the right permission ( as root you should have them), if
you use phpmyadmin there is a way too to do it.

Stopping and restrting shouldn't be a problem either with small
databases, but i can imagine this would take more time with a database
with lots of tables under heavy load.

cheers,
henning