I have been going out of 'my' mind.  I am trying to install mysql on a
Macintosh OS X server.  Can anyone give me instructions on how to do
this?  I have been to numerous sites with no luck.  We run OS 10.1.2
server,  I have mySQL 3.23.49 running (from entropy).  During the install I
had to change the hostname of my server but that seemed easy enough.  The
reason for the database is for WebEvent calendar software.  Now when I try
to install the WebEvent software it tells me I need the DBI  module
installed.  I have tried CPAN, it tells me it can't find make (I am running
Perl 5.6) and something about MD5 security.  Is there anywhere a program
that installs all of this in one, easy to use package?  All I am looking
for is a small database for a school.  Also where can I find information
about the way my server file system works.  I am not a UNIX person but I do
need to begin learning.--Ray