On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 11:50:12AM +0200, Heikki Tuuri wrote:
: Bob,
:
: I have now improved foreign key support so that version 3.23.50 does
:
: 1. show the FOREIGN KEY definitions when you call SHOW CREATE TABLE; this
: should also show them in mysqldumps;
: 2. preserve FOREIGN KEY definitions in ALTER TABLE and CREATE INDEX;
: 3. allow backquotes around column and table names in foreign key
: definitions: backquotes are produced by SHOW CREATE TABLE;
: 4. allow adding a new foreign key constraint ot a table through
:     ALTER TABLE ... ADD CONSTRAINT FOREIGN KEY (...) REFERENCES ... (...);
: remember though that you first have to create the appropriate indexes on the
: parent and child table so that InnoDB approves the constraint.

Heikki,

That is fantastic news!  As far as everyday usage of InnoDB tables
goes, those are the number one issues we have to work around.
Thanks for taking the time to implement that.

Speaking of InnoDB development, what is the status on the InnoDB
backup utility?

* Philip Molter
* Texas.net Internet
* http://www.texas.net/