From: b g [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 2:35 AM
To: Sherwin T. Ang
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mySQL connection problem!!!

Hello Sherwin,

Thanks for ur prompt reply.

Yes, I have gone thru the mySQL manual chapter that
you have mentioned..

But what I think the problem is somewhere else..

when I try to execute the command 'mysql' (when I log
in as user 'babul') on command line, I get the
following error:

ERROR 2002: Can't conect to local MySQL server through
socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

It seems that the mySQL server is not running on the
system... where as when I in superuser mode or login
thru mysql user, I get just the "mysql>" prompt..!!

This is my first time with mySQL.. I m actually trying
to restore a web database into my loca machine.. then
update it locally and later withh restore it to the
web server..

Babul