On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 09:40:44AM -0800, Radhakrishna Mohan Tadepalli wrote:
> I want to "create a database "test_db1", if "test_db1" does not exist in the
> server" using sql script. Is it possible?

>From <http://mysql.com/doc/C/R/CREATE_DATABASE.html>

  6.5.1 CREATE DATABASE Syntax

  CREATE DATABASE [IF NOT EXISTS] db_name

  CREATE DATABASE creates a database with the given name. Rules
  for allowable database names are given in section 6.1.2 Database,
  Table, Index, Column, and Alias Names. An error occurs if the
  database already exists and you didn't specify IF NOT EXISTS.

Did you even check the on-line manual?

Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842
Derry NH 03038-1713 USA                 Intel architecture: the left-hand path