At 08:13 2002-03-13, Heikki Tuuri wrote:
>Tomasz,
>
>InnoDB in 3.23 and 4.0 is the same codebase. InnoDB versions are best
>counted from the 3.23 series, because they appear more frequently. I am
>sorry that this is confusing.
>
>MySQL/InnoDB-3.23.50 has not been released yet. It will probably be out at
>the end of March.

OK, so I can just hang up my hat till then.

> >From section 16 of http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html you find detailed
>information about every InnoDB version. For example, 4.0.1 == 3.23.47.
>
>Foreign keys should work in 4.0.1.

    Hmmm... That's what I read, too. And after several unsuccesful attempts
to create my own tables, I did those contained on Your site, verbatim (as I
put in my original message). Still, no effect. I guess the question then
becomes: is 4.0.1 really able to keep track of constraints but unable to
show them? In which case, how can one find out what they are (if extant)?

>"
>Starting from version 3.23.50 InnoDB returns the foreign key definitions of
>a table when you call

   And which MySQL uses it? Can it be "plugged into" existing MySQL?

>SHOW CREATE TABLE yourtablename
>
>You can also list the foreign key constraints for a table T with
>
>SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM yourdatabasename LIKE 'T'
>The foreign key constraints are listed in the table comment of the output.
>"
>
>Best regards,

Thanks a lot, hopefully You helped not just me