From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2002 1:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: IS THIS BETTER?

ORIGINAL SUBJECT:HELLO (PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE EMAIL
BEFORE DECIDING TO CHUCK IT, I DO GET TO MY QUESTION)

GOOD AFTERNOON

    I THOUGHT I'D TRY MY LUCK AND ASK YOU A QUESTION,
IF YOU CAN'T (OR WON'T) HELP MY I UNDERSTAND.  I HAVE
BEEN VISITING YOU SITE A LOT LATELY BECAUSE I HAD A
PROBLEM THAT I THOUGHT I WAS ON THE VERGE OF SOLVING.
(BACK STORY)---> I AM BUILDING A WEBSITE, AND I WANTED
TO SPEND THE LEAST AMOUNT OF MONEY ON GETTING IT ON THE
GOOD OL' WWW.  SO SINCE I HAVE A FEW COMPUTERS I'D
THOUGHT I COULD RUN IT MYSELF WITHOUT THE HELP OF ONE
OF THOSE "WEB HOSTING" SERVICES.   SO I STARTED WITH
IIS WHICH HAS GOTTEN MY BASIC SITE UP, THEN I GOT TO
KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT ASP (NOT REALLY I'VE BEEN USING
FRONTPAGE THEY DO ALL THE WORK FOR YOU) AND I AM PRETTY
GOOD WITH ACCESS SO I FIGURED IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF
PUTTING THEM ALL TOGETHER.  WELL.........I COULDN'T GET
THE FORM TO CONNECT TO ACCESS(THEY WERE BUT THEY
COULDN'T HANDLE THE LOAD)  SO I WAS LOOKING INTO MS SQL
SERVERS(WAY TO EXPENSIVE!!!) SO THEN I FOUND MYSQL(IT'S
FREE!!!).  GOT THE HANG OF IT A LITTLE AND CONVERTED MY
ACCESS TABLES TO MY SQL'S.  I FOUND YOUR WEBSITE, AND
LEARNED HOW TO LINK BETWEEN ACCESS AND MYSQL SO I COULD
USE ACCESS'S INTERFACE TO MAINTAIN THE FORMS AND
QUERY'S FROM MY END(INSTEAD OF WITH THAT DOS
INTERFACE), AND FRONTPAGE SEEMED TO ACKNOWLEDGE MY
MYSQL DATABASE WHICH GAVE ME A MORE STABLE DATA ENGINE
SOLUTION(OR SO I THOUGHT)  I THOUGHT I WAS THERE UNTIL
I TEST SUBMITTED SOME ASP FORMS,BUT THEN I GOT A
TOTALLY NEW ERROR MESSAGE:

------------------------

-----> "Cannot add new record set to the database
Error Description: Current Recordset does not support
updating. This may be a limitation of the provider, or
of the selected locktype.

Error Number: 3251

Error Source: ADODB.Recordset

NOW I HAVE HAD NO FORMAL TRAINING IN ANY OF THE FORE
MENTIONED PROGRAMS, BUT I PICK THIS STUFF UP PRETTY GOOD
(I THINK), AND I WAS WONDERING IF THERE'S JUST
SOMETHING I'M LEAVING OUT OR ADDING WHEN I SHOULDN'T??
WHAT I'M I DOING WRONG!!!

PLEASE HELP

                    SINCERELY,