All,

When I insert records into a database, the records will be inserted in the
order that I have them listed in my insert statement.  So my question is,
will the MySQL database always return the records in the order of insertion
when I perform any type of select query in the future?  Of course, I'm
excluding queries that specify an order with the 'ORDER BY' clause.  Does
the MySQL database maintain some type of internal ordering ID for each
record, and if so, can I always rely on the database to give me the records
back as I have given to it?  I know I can specify an order by having a
column with some type of ordering value, but that's not what I'm interested
in, so any answers to the above questions would be much appreciated.

T.I.A.

Thi