Hi,

I am new to the database world, so I wanted to get some facts straight. I
have built an application which runs with MySQL. I want to distribute the
application along with the data. The target computers would also have MySQL.
I have observed that I can zip up the data directory under mySQL and then
unzip it in the target computer and it works.

What I want to know is whether, this is the best and easiest way. (the other
being to import/export to text files, XML etc.) or are they are chasms which
I fail to see?

thanks.

ps: It would be great if you could cc your replies to this one
prashantpaiAThotmailDOTcom