Hi,

I would like to ask how come the installation won't work on my system.
Here are the details.

Specifications:
Sun Sparc Ultra-5_10 Generic_108528-13
mysql-3.23.51
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024

What I did:
shell> groupadd mysql
shell> useradd -g mysql mysql
unzip the files using gtar with no error.
shell> CC=gcc CFLAGS="-03" \
CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-03 -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-lowmemory --enable-assembler

This is the result:
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create
executables

Can someone please help me with this.

Thank you very much

Dexter Tan