Shane,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shane Allen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 10:17 PM
Subject: Additional Information: Replication issue in 4.0.4

> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 06:39:26PM -0500, Shane Allen wrote:
> > We have a 4.0.4-beta master and slave.
> >
> > The slaving process starts correctly, but randomly (and frequently) has
> > issues.
> >
> > When the server starts, it will slave, but eventually will hit one of
> > two conditions:
> >
> > - Duplicate key insert error (we re-sync'd the slave by hand during the
> >   install, copying databases by hand, etc, so they're known good)
> >
> > - Signal 8. The database will hit Signal 8, die, and be restarted.
> >   Immediately upon restarting, it dies, and restarts, ad naseum.
>
> I upgraded in testing to 4.0.4 again, built with debugging enabled, and
> got a slightly different result.
>
> This time, it eventually hit a query and the slaving stopped. This time
> the error was:
>
> 021004 12:57:00  Slave: error 'Incorrect key file for table:
'listing_text'. Try to repair it' on query 'UPDATE sell.listing_text SET
description='blah' WHERE listing_id=221112', error_code=1034

> So, I issued `mysqlcheck -r sell listing_text`, and eventually "Lost
> connection to MySQL server during query". Inspection of the error log
> yields the following:
>
> mysqld: mf_iocache.c:1106: _flush_io_cache: Assertion `info->end_of_file
== my_tell(info->file,(myf) (0))' failed.

> Number of processes running now: 1
> mysqld process hanging, pid 790 - killed
>
> presumably the debugging code that is built in is what is preventing the
> signal 8 behaviour that I experienced last night.
>
> On the master database I have been able to issue successful repair
> statements several timesi against this table, and the databases that I am
attempting to
> repair have been copied over from the master, so I'm not sure what is
> causing the repairs to fail...

did you try to run the command line repair tool on a table while the mysqld
server was up? The server must be shut down if you use the command line
tool. Otherwise the indexes of the table may be cached in the key_buffer of
the mysqld process.

> --
> Shane Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com

sql query