From: Webmaster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 October 2002 15:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: using php to connect to a 2nd mySQL server

Hello all,

I am new to this list ... and hope to find an answer to a question
which has come up.

On the server for my websites at my ISP, a mySQL server is installed
to handle different customers' databases (1 database setup for each
customer)....

Now, as I have a need for a mySQL server where I can create/delete
databases, my ISP agreed to install a 2nd mySQL server that can be
dedicated to my sole use ... but I am told it would run on a
different port number ...

My question now is this: How can I tell a php script to not use the
standard mySQL server that exists on this server computer, but to use
the 2nd mySQL server that runs on the different port number ?
Currently I use info set up in variables like this:

# MySQL database config stuff
$host="localhost";
$username="abcdefg";
$database="database";
$password="123456789";

Is it possible to add the port information somwhere? or does a php
connection always use the standard mySQL port settings?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

God bless you with His grace and peace
Wolfgang Schneider

-- BibelCenter: http://www.bibelcenter.de/ - "Come and See!"
-- Bookstore: http://www.worthy.net/BibelCenter/ - "Great offers! Check it