Ok, here we are, in much detail. There is a table called translations and another one called poems. Their structure is given in the end. The query (given by a php script by the way) is:

select poems.poem_id, language, translation_title,made_by_id from poems,translations where poems.poem_id=translations.poem_id order by date_added desc limit 0,10

and with this I intend to retrieve the 10 latest additions of translations. However, when running the script, I noticed that always, on the top of the results was the translation link I had clicked last. And this happens all the time. Now that I think of it again, the clicked link contains a mysql query which increments the translation views by one. Hmmmm.....maybe this does the unwanted update....

CREATE TABLE `poems` (
`poem_id` smallint(4) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
`poem_title` varchar(38) default NULL,
`poet_id` smallint(4) unsigned default NULL,
`comments` varchar(255) default NULL,
`poem_views` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`poem` text,
`poem_comment` text NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`poem_id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM

and

CREATE TABLE `translations` (
`poem_id` smallint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`language` varchar(14) NOT NULL default 'english',
`translation_title` varchar(54) default NULL,
`translation_text` text,
`footnotes` text,
`made_by_id` smallint(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`contributed` varchar(70) default NULL,
`translation_views` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`date_added` timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`poem_id`,`language`,`made_by_id`),
KEY `language` (`language`)
) TYPE=MyISAM