-----Original Message-----
From: William Martell [mailto:willmartell@;yahoo.com]
Sent: 11 November 2002 20:02
To: MySQL Main List
Subject: SCHEMA, ARCHITECTURE ???

>Hello All,

>How do I determine the best architecture for my MySQL database?

Years of painful but fulfilling experience :)

Seriously ..... you need a generic tutorial on 'database design' - try
google

>Do I create multiple databases or do I create only one database with
>multiple tables? (Any general rules of thumb?)

one database per project, multiple tables, unless you have a specific reason
not to

>How do I know if I need to use Keys, Indexes or other features in order to
>optimize the database?

Always best to index on fields used in queries, and always key tables unless
you have a reason not to - google search for tutorial/info on 'database
design and normalisation'

If you have any more questions or any more specific questions once you get
started just ask....

HTH

Peter