Ha-nyung,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Chung Ha-nyung"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 8:25 AM
Subject: Can a big transaction cause the error in max_allowed_packet?

>  My table structure is very simple and does not use big column like
> text nor blub at all.
>  But when I load several million rows into master server using
> mysqlimport, on slave I
>  got the error like
>
> 021129 13:24:40  Error reading packet from server: log event entry
> exceeded max_allowed_packet; Increase max_allowed_packet on master
> (server_errno=1236)
> 021129 13:24:40  Got fatal error 1236: 'log event entry exceeded
> max_allowed_packet; Increase max_allowed_packet on master' from master
> when reading data from binary log
>
>  I have two questions.
>  First, mysqlimport does not commit until the entire data are imported?

it uses LOAD DATA INFILE, which does not COMMIT before the data has been
imported.

>  Second, If the answer to the first question is Yes, it can cause the
> above error?

I guess yes. This is the 3rd similar bug report associated with big imports.
I will forward this to the replication developer of MySQL AB.

What is your MySQL version?

> :query
>
> --
>  Chung Ha-nyung <alita@[neowiz.com|kldp.org]>
>  Sayclub <http://www.sayclub.com>
>  NeoWiz <http://www.neowiz.com>

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com