Patricio,

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Patricio Díaz G."" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 4:20 AM
Subject: [MySQL] InnoDB Lock status

> I'am working with MySQL 3.23.51-Max in a linux box and Visual Fox and
Delphi
> in a WinXP box, mostly using InnoDB tables.
>
> Is there a way to know wich rows are lockedin a table? is there a function
> that returns if a row is locked, or the rows locked in a table? It can be
> done with a UDF?
>
> My question is due that, as you know, the InnoDB tables makes loking at
row
> level and in the context of a transaction, so if someone has locked the
row
> that I'm tring to read or lock, my program freezes until the rows are
> released.
>
> I worked arround this situation setting the value of
> innodb_lock_wait_timeout to 5, more or less, so my program doesn't freezes
> and a warnig is raised, then I can "assume" that the row is locked, but
> can't be sure that this is the real reason of the warnig.

SHOW LOCK STATUS is in the TODO, and I consider it an important feature.
Currently the only way to get lock info is to use innodb_lock_monitor, but
it prints the info to the .err log. There is no SQL query to determine if a
row is locked or not.

> Thanks in advance,
> Patricio.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign key support for MySQL
See http://www.innodb.com, download MySQL-Max from http://www.mysql.com

sql query