From: Steve Lefevre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 14 December 2002 21:28
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: INSERT confirmation? PHP

I'm designing a user database for PHP 4 and MySQL 3.32 or whatever.

Users enter a class and it's workshops for their students.

The 'Class' table has  fields 'Name' and 'ID'.
ID is the primary key and its an auto-incremented integer

The 'Workshop' table has a field ID, Number, ClassID, Date, etc.

The 'ClassID' should be the value of the ID field of its parent class.

After I use an insert to create the Class data, how do I get the appropriate
ClassID for the 'Workshop' table inserts? I could assume to use the very
latest one, but that *might* break, as this is a multi-user database.

Is there a way I can issue an insert statement, and get a return of the ID
value it got?