From: mnbv [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 02 January 2003 00:23
To: Peter Lovatt; Stefan Hinz, iConnect (Berlin); David T-G; mysql users
Subject: RE: FAQ hosting site (was "Re: An Idea")

I really need your help, I installed MySQL and I can
connect to it through localhost but when trying to
access it from outside I get:

ERROR 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP'
(111)

Any suggestions?

Someone suggested that the problem is because the
server has 2 nics (2 ips set up).

Does anyone know a solution for this?

--- Peter Lovatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Like the look of the way its taking shape.
>
> I am not sure if there is existing faq software
> (I've checked sourceforge
> and freshmeat without much luck) we could use, or if
> someone can do a better
> job :) but I have a content management system
> written, together with a lot
> of the search functionality needed for the faq. It
> can mix database stored
> content with static content, so it would probably do
> the job with a little
> work. It also does the membership
> authorisation/management.
>
> I'd be happy to build the software, if that helps.
>
> Let me know
>
> Peter

> Excellence in internet and open source software
> Sunmaia
> Birmingham
> UK
> www.sunmaia.net
> tel. 0121-242-1473
> International +44-121-242-1473

"index.php?cat=installation&difficulty=beginner&searchterm=windows",

=== message truncated ===

http://mailplus.yahoo.com