Dear All,

It would appear that setting:

set-variable    = open_files_limit = 200

Within the [mysqld] stanza in a data/my.cnf does not appear to work as
mysqld exits with:

ERROR: unknown variable 'open_files_limit = 200'

Yet a bin/mysqladmin variables has:

open_files_limit       0

I cannot find any referance to this being depreciated - have I looked in the
right place?

Thanks.

Greg Cope
GCS Ltd
Assign to: CIT, Sandwich - ISG
Phone: (44) 01304 642040
Fax: (44) 01304 652118

LEGAL NOTICE

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended for the addresee(s) only. Access to this e-mail
by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure
or copying of the contents of this e-mail or any action taken (or not taken)
in reliance on it is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

Pfizer Limited is registered in England under No. 526209 with its registered
office at Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9NJ

This message and any attachment has been virus checked by
Pfizer Corporate Information Technology, Sandwich.